Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Ten Days in Bed on Maui :0)


On The Road to Maui # 19

 

Well it’s been about 3 weeks since I last wrote. It’s been an interesting time, we are now 62 days on the island and will soon beat my last trip of 67! Yes we are still at the teepee and have had just about every bite from all that crawls and soars. No, I have not had a centipede bite like poor old Cynthia. She is still recovering from that awful night. Apparently the effects last about two weeks; she is now at the itching and Nausea stage. As for me I think the local mosquito population had a meeting, declared me a local and are dining on toruist instead.

 I will not say it’s been an easy 62 days actually 90 odd, we left Wilsonville on August 30 and hit the road with the Bike and car sept 7. We have not slept in a bed together with the exception of two nights in motels coming down the I-5 to Sandeigo and two nights on a comfortable airbed at Steve and Susanne’s in Sandeigo before we flew out here.

Pulling up stakes and loading the camel to venture into the unknown is not easy, but I would not miss it for the world. It’s been 29 years since this Irish boy jumped a ship to leave his native Ireland to see the world through Gods eyes. The culture’s, people and places I have seen and lived among are amazing. I have met countless trials and faced many giants mostly within myself, the hardest ones I believe. But all in all it’s been worth it you have to take the good with bad you can`t have light without darkness.

Cynthia left her home at a young age to leave her footprints all over Europe, and then journeyed into the Middle East including the Western Sahara. I would love to go back with her to the Sahara and cross it on BMW 1200 GS Enduro of course I will probably end up being towed out by a Camel and become fast friends with Ben Haddam the herder. We have both been yet still are missionaries, like Moses we don’t know where we are going either? All we known is that nothing is permanent except Heaven and that is our final destination :0)

On The Local front we will shortly have a brand spanking new Generator for Cynthia`s Smoothie business. Cynthia`s Mother is blessing us with it,she has been a great supporter of our new venture and storms heaven daily on our behalf. I look forward to the day we are in a situation where we can put her up over here as she will love talking and sharing Jesus with the locals.

The last 10 days I have been confined to my cot with a local virus and then to top it all I put my back out and as if to add insult to injury My charger on my laptop burnt out so no Writing or internet. So I read “Bill O Reilly’s” book “Killing Jesus”, while I’m not to impressed with him as a talk show host the book was well researched and a quick read. He dealt mainly with the historical events that were occurring up to and during that period,a must read for history lovers.

Well folks I’m writing this on Cynthia`s Sony Vaio!!! Please don’t tell my Mac friends…yup I miss my Mac! a new charger will be arriving shortly.

Finlay tomorrow begins the official launch of Celtic Cleaning Maui. Cynthia and I will be sub - Contracting with a local Condo cleaning company in Kehie. The part I love is when work is done the beach is just yards away. Our dream of being self-employed together is Finlay taking shape. So Guapa Smoothies Cynthia`s brain child and my company of 14 years will move on together!!

Ok, That’s all for now…thanks for reading we are off to the beach to bask in the sun…Oh, Yesterday as I was snorkeling and was coming back up though the warm water from  the pacific floor a large Turtle swam like a submarine over my head. At first the dark shadow that blocked the sunlight nearly flushed my toilet as I thought it was dinner at Eight with Jaws. But when I saw that friendly face I was filled with awe and swam alongside for as long as I could hold my breath, it was an amazing moment what a wonderful creator we serve :0)

Cheers Michael !!!






No comments:

Post a Comment